Carrier iQ Brings Low-Cost Big Data Analytics to the Global Telecommunications Market
SUNNYVALE, California, Feb. 20, 2014
– Leading Mobile Intelligence Provider Brings SaaS Flexibility and Economy to Mobile Network Operators Worldwide with iQ xPlore SmartStart, a Quick-to-Deploy, Proven Device-Centric Big Data Analytics Solution
SUNNYVALE, California, Feb. 20, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — Carrier iQ, a pioneer in mobile intelligence, today announced the worldwide availability of iQ xPlore SmartStart™. iQ xPlore SmartStart provides mobile network operators (MNOs) with a no-hassle path to understanding the customers’ experience using device-sourced big data analytics. Powered by Carrier iQ’s Mobile Service Intelligence Platform, iQ xPlore SmartStart helps operators better understand Wi-Fi usage, reduce roaming costs, optimize application portfolio, and deliver better network coverage and performance.
MNOs typically have access to data from inside their networks, as well as some user-generated information, but they have little insight on what is happening on the device itself. Only device-sourced metrics can give them a true view of the performance of a device to help resolve device support issues and improve their subscribers’ experience.
Existing solutions in the market use network probes or drive testing. These methods provide incomplete information about the true customer experience. As subscribers have come to expect flawless network coverage and good performance indoors, outdoors, and at any time of the day, iQ xPlore SmartStart helps MNOs deliver a better experience, by providing insights from the point of experience – the mobile device itself.
iQ xPlore SmartStart helps MNOs:
- Gain visibility into Wi-Fi usage and experience: Delivers likely causes for customers not offloading to Wi-Fi, and where Wi-Fi coverage could be improved.
- Manage roaming costs: Identifies cells where excessive roaming occurs, and provides guidance about investments needed to reduce unnecessary roaming.
- Prioritize network investments: Pinpoints the cells where coverage or voice and data performance is subpar, enabling prioritization of network investments.
- Optimize applications portfolio: Provides usage metrics for all applications used by subscribers, whether pre-loaded or user-loaded, enabling factual business and technical discussions with application vendors.
- Benchmark devices: Compares the relative performance, customer experience, and customer satisfaction of devices on their network.
- Discover revenue enhancement opportunities: Identifies service upsell opportunities.
iQ xPlore SmartStart is offered as a SaaS product. The simple, subscription-based pricing model enables MNOs to rapidly deploy the solution and to quickly derive meaningful insights.
“Over the past few years, operators worldwide have consistently shared with us their interest for outside-in big data analytics,” said Ben Bergeret, VP Products, Carrier iQ. “For many of them, however, the cost of a full-fledged solution is perceived as an issue. This is why we created iQ xPlore SmartStart. It delivers mobile intelligence value at an affordable cost to most,” added Bergeret. “With iQ xPlore SmartStart, MNOs worldwide can reap the benefits of device-sourced analytics quickly, and without the financial exposure.”
Schedule a demonstration of iQ xPlore SmartStart at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain from February 24-27, 2014 at the Carrier iQ stand in Hall 1 Booth C36.
About iQ xPlore
iQ xPlore provides network operators and device vendors with a device-sourced big data mobile intelligence platform to glean insights into their customers’ experience. iQ xPlore is deployed with Tier-1 operators who rely on the insights it delivers for optimization of customer experience, application portfolios, and network coverage.
About Carrier iQ
Carrier iQ, founded in 2005, is a privately held mobile software company headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA. As the market leader in mobile intelligence, Carrier iQ provides mobile operators and device vendors with actionable analytics and insights into the real experience their customers face when using smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices. Carrier iQ’s big data platform offers proven scalability, with over 12 petabytes of data processed each month and more than 200 million mobile devices deployed to date. Backed by committed investors, the Carrier iQ team serves Tier-1 mobile network operators and device vendors from its offices in Sunnyvale, Boston, London and Kuala Lumpur. A network of global and local partners extends the Carrier iQ reach to all markets.
© Carrier iQ 2014